2009-12-24

FFS...

This year isn't over yet. Maybe it's just because it's still the 24th, or maybe not. Maybe it's just due to my realistic nature, and idealistic tendencies? See, I have this idea that everything should be realistic. Already I've seen several news articles stating the best things in this year. I suppose for the general, and even more, the non-scientifically focused public that "There are only 7 days left in this year, so what could possibly happen.". From this ignorant standpoint, nothing. From a more thought about standpoint, a metric fuck tonne!

http://www.brainyhistory.com/months/december.html
http://inventors.about.com/od/todayinhistory/a/December.htm

Some of those historical events are not exactly world changing (chiclets gum invented? WTF?? Dec 5th on the second link).

I guess media promotes ignorance, I mean if they didn't have ignorant people, what good could the media be? I can see it now... "Good evening, and Welcome to Redundant World News Tonight!"

Having said all that, what is a year? Maybe it should be a monthly thing? "The best thing since last December was chiclets gum"...

Chris-

No comments:

Post a Comment