I'm sure there are reasons. Those reasons do indeed escape me.
So, recently I've felt quite happy. The immediate reason being, I'm getting back into programming, and I do love programming. I often don't have the motivation to write code (programs). Those reasons are usually because I'm stuck and I don't know what or where to search for answers. I often rely on my friend Dave to point me in the right direction, or to review what I've done, and inform me that I've done it wrong (; It's sad that Dave is the only one I can turn to when I have these problems. Sad as in he's the only one I know who I like, who can answer my many questions about programming.
Aside from the computer side of my life, there is Dustin and Michelle (and OJ) who do unexpected things for me. For instance, they have recently paid for half my trip out to Perth, to visit them. It's been on my mind ever since they moved out. I'm not all that interested (not uninterested mind you) in seeing Perth so much, but rather I'd just like to see them. They had this great idea, and I loved it. Those are my friends.
Just in case they read it, (I know Dustin does) thanks for being the people I want to know, and interact with!
There are others, but those others are a different type of friend. I can't explain it, and while I might try, the "others" are just that, their own group. The "others" provide me with an in person view of friendship, while Dave, and Dustin and Michelle (with OJ) provide me with the remote friendship.
Now on to the title... The title is that while I've been happy, nothing brings it out in me more than the good ole, beer! I can drink scotch (and coke, even expensive scotch with coke (: ), but it's not the same. Something in the beer allows my brain to calm down, and take thoughts in stride. That means I'm able to cope, and deal with most of the thoughts passing through the synapses that still work.
Some day I'll go to a person person (psychologist doesn't fit the bill maybe?), and learn what I'm all about. I've often thought that once I understand me (it's all chaotic usually), it'll be easy to use me to get what I want. This is the naive side of me I'm sure of it. However unlike what GI Joe say, Knowing is not half the battle. It's the start of a long and agonizing journey to find the half that you already thin you know. That's my view anyways.
GI Joe!!!
Chris-
PS> thanks again yo!
No comments:
Post a Comment